Saturday, November 07, 2009

confessions...

I must confess, I am I guess addicted to Bukowski and for the last few days and nights I've been digging out his books, shredding my nerves trying to find interviews on the net, pictures and generally anything I can get my hands on...

I've been stalking him for a while in local libraries, at Waterstones or any bookstore I come across but the last few days I could not bare anymore so I am putting closure by rewarding myself to complete and utter abandon into him and his poetry.

He holds some sort of power that I crave, dead as he is and 6 feet under, he's so alive, so true to himself so brutally honest..His insights, experiences and life style define the libertine in me, define freedom and life with no boundaries.

I can't get over him..

don't try.. is written on his grave..

so I won't...I never will, tell them Hank, tell them...

2 comments:

Orin said...

Will you still talk to me if I admitt that I didn't read anything by Bukowski? Would you look at me like you look to a strange little creature lost in this world? :( Reading your thoughts here and with a whole week ahead to fill with something... I promise you that I will look him over on the internet and read something, small thing, not even the top of the iceberg...

Corina said...

..it'll be a start..:)and yes, I will talk to ya, although as bukowski said people are dull and shallow and until they do what they are truly meaning to do they are terminally boring...

PS I don't mind sharing Hank with you. we both love freedom...:D